Thursday, July 3, 2014

Creation 2014


Worship.

Worship!

I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.

video

You can catch my girls worshiping the Lord in the beginning of this video.

I also heard stories of Harry and Lincoln raising their hands in worship.  And Anna dancing.  And George shouting.

My children were excited and happy and joyful and truly worshiping the Lord!  We were surrounded by 80,000 people of all ages singing and dancing and jumping and shouting all in the name of Jesus.  We heard speakers challenge us with shouts of "children matter to God!"  and "Quit thinking about living for comfort and chose to live for others".  Every morning the serene sounds of a pastor preaching the word wafted though the 300 acre campsite followed by the worship band lifting "Hosanna" high into the atmosphere.  Thousand would stop what they were doing and sing along.

Strangers stood arm in arm to sing praises to our King.  

Teenagers who didn't even know the name of the person next to them, high-fived each other.

Adult women who had never met embraced each other in tears and hugs after sharing their stories with each other.  

Freedom!

As I found myself alone in the mosh pit on Wednesday night (long story), ankle deep in mud, I stood listening to Hillsong Young & Free knowing that God's love was washing over me.  I raised my hands and danced and jumped...and I thought of David. 

"David was dancing before the Lord with all his might... "It was before the Lord,...—I will celebrate before the Lord.  I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." (2 Samuel 6)

The tears fell down my cheeks more than once that week as I thought not of myself, but of my children experiencing this pure, unashamed worship with abandon.  

Here are some pictures from the week:



Our kids never stopped smiling and having fun!




Morgann (a friend from church), Isabel and Anna getting ready to listen to Matthew West.




We could not escape the MUD!!!



The whole Ornaments4Orphans gang.  We spent countless hours at our booth and signed up over 110 new church coordinators!!  My kids worked tirelessly for the ministry - I am so proud of them.



What amazing joy to hear 80,000 people shout "God's not dead, He's surely alive!"




Late nights by the fire talking about our day.  

There is so much more to write about - Eleanor winning a $16,000 scholarship to Liberty University, Morgann raising her hand in faith to sponsor a Compassion International child named Blessed, hearing Bob Lenz cry over how God's heart is for the children - but my big take-away from the week was how wonderful it was to worship in spirit and in truth for 4 full days.


No comments: