Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Loving Anna



I was reminded again last night about the spiritual battle that is waged over each and every soul.  I know how the enemy takes delight in orphans.  I know he has them in a place of desperation, hopelessness and self-centeredness.  I have seen far too often a major fight take place when it comes to Christians rescuing a child. 

Because often, rescue is exactly what is happening.

And that is what God called us to do for Anna.  Rescue her.

And the battle is not over.

Again, I am held back from telling the details of this little girl's story because we are being stopped in the adoption process.  Why?

Good question.  No one can give us an answer.

ICPC in CO has refused to allow for the adoption.  We have asked why and have received two different answers. We ask for clarification and then hear nothing for weeks.  It is beyond frustrating. 

I said to my friend last night, "I can not lose Anna."

And she quickly replied, "Well, she is not yours to lose.  You have surrendered her to God and He can do what He wants with her."

But, would God want her to go through more trauma by being ripped out of our home while CO "figures things out"?  Would God cause our family to be separated in order for me to go with Anna to CO? 

And so I pray with authority. 

I keep hearing a phrase from a song that says, "The same power that conquered the grave lives in me!  Lives in me!"

And I pray in faith.

I keep going back to words in the Matthew 19:26, "With man, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  In fact, these words are repeated in all the synoptic gospels. And I believe what is totally impossible for me, convincing ICPC that Anna is doing great in our family, God can
 easily do!

If you ever doubt God's love for you or His devotion to you...just look at the battle being waged over  a very simple girl from Ghana.  God desires to be in a relationship with each of you and is willing to fight for you!  Sometimes I sit and think, "God must have great plans for Anna if there is such a battle over her life."  But then...maybe those great plans simply mean that she will follow and love the Lord.  Isn't that the greatest plan of all? 

I know that Anna has been introduced to Jesus while living in our home.  I know she is just beginning to learn about the kind of love that changes lives.  I know that she is beginning to heal, to trust, and to have peace in her heart.  And I know Jesus loves her with an everlasting love.

Now, I trust that God will continue what He started when He brought us together as a family.  Please pray with me.

3 comments:

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

Thank you so much for writing this! I am praying.

Traci Weldie said...

Thank YOU, Donna-Jean. I know that prayer is the key to this. God bless!

ESolgos said...

Praying with you, my friend.