Monday, March 5, 2012

Counseling

Today, George had a great session with his counselor!

Praise God! The counselor was almost giddy as he was whispering to me, "It was a great session! Great session!"

HOPE.

It is amazing what hope can do.

George's RAD caused him to swing from a great session to testing me on everything this evening. Every step, every piece of food, every word that was spoken.

But, I have HOPE.

The counselor - who sees many children with RAD - commented how strong-willed George is. He said George is going to fight and push and needle and pull with all his might to reject me until he is finally exhausted and gives in. And then, the counselor looked at me and said, "Don't forget that God called you to George because He knew YOU were the right parents for him."

Thank you...lately, I have forgotten that.

All roads in this RAD journey point back to God and His ability to equip me through this. So, I am joy-filled tonight as I write this simple blog post. I am filled with gratefulness and joy that God CHOSE me to be George's mom. I am filled with joy over the lessons I am learning. And I am filled with joy over the hope of a future with George.

2 comments:

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

You are the right mom for George. What beautiful words! Trusting with you!

ESolgos said...

I was reminded yesterday during a Beth Moore bible study, that a person can live better with pain than they can without hope. We need hope to get through! Praying for a fresh filling of hope for you today!