Friday, January 13, 2012

Hang In There...

I am still here..

I haven't felt like writing much lately....I simply continue to plod along.

But...our finalization of Anna's adoption happens this week - praise God! I am sure after Wednesday, I will want to tell you all about Anna and how she came to us!

Also, I began working two weeks ago. I am loving it. Every time I start talking about Safe Families, that fire and passion well up again and again. I am sure I will start talking all about that as well!

Eleanor turned 15 this week and soon, she goes to the DMV to get her driver's permit! Can you believe it? I can't!

Joe and I started PX90. We are "bringing it!" Can't wait to hit the beach this spring after working out again. Not saying I will look awesome - because I AM 41 now - but saying I am looking forward to being more fit.

As for George - we have had some extremely bad days. And then, we have some very good days. And then, I heard a sermon that put things back into perspective. And then, I have been reading a book that is REALLY bringing things into perspective (thanks Heidi!). I cracked...again...but fell on my knees in George's room and cried out to Jesus that He would heal this boy...not sure how much more I can take. And then, each morning, Jesus nudges me out of bed and reminds me to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. And so, I do.

And finally, we have finally found a home church! I am sure I am going to make both sets of parents a little nervous when I tell them that we meet in a strip mall - ha! No - I would have never seen myself in this unconventional church setting - but Joe and I have finally found that place where we belong and where we see God moving. Oh, we are so excited! Oh, we can't wait until each Sunday! More to come as this as well.

I realize this is just a teaser - but I wanted you to hang in there...I WILL write again!

1 comment:

Meliski said...

Yep, we are out here waiting to hear! I was hoping this would be info on how Anna came to your family. But, I'll settle for a teaser instead. (Cuz I have too. lol.)

I Hope you realize there are mamas out here who have never met you that are praying for you, George and the rest of your family.

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." :)