Sunday, November 27, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow

If you would have asked me, when I was 24, what I would be doing with my life 16 years later, I probably would have said that I would have 4 kids and be teaching high school English and maybe coaching softball.

So, some of that is kinda true - I DID have the 4 kids part. I just decided to add two children from Africa to the mix - something I would have NEVER dreamed of when I was 24!

And I am not teaching and not coaching softball....although it looks like I will be the head coach for Isabel's volleyball team next spring! So, I guess that is kinda true.

But here is where I truly had NO CLUE what God would do with my life 16 years later....

Out of the blue (to me), I got a message from Beth*ny - you know the huge adoption agency? Well...they have been praying for someone to start and lead Safe Families in SC. And apparently, my name came up...many times.

HOW?

I know very few people here...I mean about as many as I can count on ONE hand! And yet, my name kept coming up?

They offered me the job. No interview. No application or resume. Just a job offer.

WHEN DOES THAT EVER HAPPEN TO SOMEONE?

It surely doesn't happen to me!

But it did.

Tomorrow, I go talk to see if this is really a good fit and will be praying for discernment from the Lord...does He really want me to do this.

I'll update when I know ;)

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Praying for you Traci!
~Jacque

Brooke said...

Wow so amazing traci! God is at work! How is Bethany a part of SF?