Monday, April 25, 2011

So...What Happened?


I would LOVE to tell you the amazing story of how God brought Anna into our family. I can't tell you much because this is an adoption from dissolution. That means that a family that had adopted Anna from Ghana decided they no longer wanted her.

Because this is a dissolution, several court proceedings have to take place before she is legally ours. The first family has to officially adopt her and then dissolve the adoption. Then, we will petition the court here in our county to officially adopt her, change her name to ours and make this her forever family.

I hope you understand that I can't tell you much about Anna or her first adoptive family until this is all over. Until then, I'll just give little updates here and there - and of course, I can talk all about the other 5!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Easter was Anna's first day at church...well, she apparently went to a Roman Catholic church 2 or 3 times, but nothing like what she experienced yesterday. A huge celebration! Thousands of people cheering for our Lord and Savior! Needless to say, she liked it. And then she kept asking about Jesus the rest of the afternoon :)

4 comments:

Meliski said...

Beautiful! Such a lucky familiy for a beautiful girl. Thank you for hearing God and OBEYING!

Kurt and Kayla said...

SO cool. I'm so glad she was with you to celebrate!

Ann Marie said...

So glad she's with you all. Can't wait to meet her.

Bear Creek Mama said...

You are an amazing Child/Woman/Sister of Christ! Anna is one BlessEd little girl and I am Praising God for leading you to take her in and lead her to Him. Can't wait to hear how it all came about.