Monday, February 28, 2011

Spoke Too Soon

George is back to his new normal.

He just told me how much he hates me because I am going to be volunteering in his classroom to help him with his reading. Actually, his teacher asked me to come in because she is so busy keeping him "on task" that she can't teach the rest of the class.

I went in on Friday.

Now, George is telling me he isn't going to school because I will be there. I explained that I am coming in because I LOVE HIM and really want to help him be a better reader and writer.

He says he doesn't want a mom who cares about school.

I am so angry again! What am I supposed to be doing now?

I hate that I come here whining and complaining again and again...but I am afraid if I don't vent somewhere, I will simply burst!

3 comments:

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

I don't know what to tell you to do, but I'm sending you hugs and I'm going to pray for you! I KNOW how you feel! Oh, do I know! I think you are doing everything right. What sucks is that you can be doing everything right, and it can feel like it's not making an ounce of difference.

Meliski said...

I know this can't be easy.
But....

thank you for your honesty and transparency.

I don't have any answers, but as I wait to bring our daughter home from Ethiopia you are helping to prepare me.

I am learning what is "normal", "expected"

That we may need to ask for help-- with parenting and our marriage

That this adoption really isn't about me. My feelings, my attaching to our future child, me feeling loved.

Adoption is about rescue. It's a fight. A battle. It may take everything I have, and a little more.

I am slowly getting that.

Thanks to you.

And I am praying for you and your husband, George, and your entire fmaily.

Kurt and Kayla said...

I don't know if you followed Lisa's blog but I thought your posts could relate to one another right now.

http://www.onethankfulmom.com/adoption/my-learning-curve-new-every-morning/#more-5276

Praying for you!
Kayla