Friday, January 7, 2011

Safe Families Bill

Dear family and friends,

I have been reminded, very clearly and gently, that nothing is impossible for God. While Safe Families has faced an uphill battle to get up and running in Wisconsin, God has continued to prove that He is in control! The good news is that a proposed bill will soon be introduced to the new legislation in Madison. This bill will be referred to as The Safe Families Bill!

In February, the legislation will have the bill in committee. In March, the bill will be voted on. In April, the governor will have the chance to sign the bill into law.

And I know none of these things will take place with man's efforts only. It is the Lord, who will bring glory to Himself, by making what once seemed impossible, possible in Wisconsin.

I am humbly asking that you would join me in 40 days of prayer and fasting for Safe Families in Wisconsin. Starting Monday, January 10th, we will begin praying daily for Safe Families in Wisconsin. And, would you be willing to fast once a week - one meal a week or maybe for one hour of TV?

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

From Jesus Calling - 1/6:

I am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life.

1 comment:

Carey said...

An adoptive friend guided me to your blog. We adopted a son in 2007 from Liberia and also live in Wisconsin (central). I'm anxious to hear about this Safe Families Bill. Can you explain it to me? My e-mail is crucker@tznet.com

Thanks