Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Human Traffic

God has peaked my interest to something. It happened at the Orphan Summit. I listened to Tom Davis talk for an hour of rescuing girls from sex slavery. Humbly, I admitted that I had never really thought about this. It is happening.

It is happening around the world.

It is happening in YOUR state. It is happening in YOUR city.

Then, I was at a prayer meeting with BASICS. We were praying for South Division High School. Someone from the back of the room mentioned the horrible sexual slavery going on in Milwaukee. I thought, "No way. Not here."

And God continued to gently nudge me toward the truth.

It is happening HERE. And those are MY girls.

Today, I got a phone call from my pastor. Come in and meet with some people.

A police detective and an FBI agent.

They cried. "Help us. We have heard of Safe Families. We rescue girls out of sexual slavery and then have no where, no place to take them. Can you help?"

Will you pray for me? I need wisdom from God. My heart says, "Of course!" But I have learned that I need to be in prayer before making big decisions.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am speechless...

dan and denise said...

check out www.notforsalecampaign.org, great ministry and tons of resources on their website about the horrific world of sex trade and child labor around the world, AND a map that shows were it's been reported (even in the USA)... praying for you!

ESolgos said...

Wow, Traci. Wow. I am in awe of the way God is using you.

Kurt and Kayla said...

Wow- what an incredible and overwhelming opportunity. I am praying for you now.

Kayla