Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dichotomy

Tomorrow, we should clear our background check and FINALLY become a Safe Family! Joe and I have been praying for this for months now! It's amazing to me the amount of redundant paper work that goes on in the adoption/foster care world.

Let's see...well, most of you know the full-time job it entails to put together a foreign adoption dossier. Then, we started the process with our local county foster care - it's as if we started all over again. Letters of reference, home study, fingerprints, and my ever favorite...proof of car insurance.

Believe me, I understand the need to do thorough background checks for anyone wanting to bring children into their home. But, couldn't I have taken some of the info from my dossier and just handed it to these other people?

We have waited and waited to be cleared for Safe Families. I am driving some people crazy with my questions, "Are they done yet???" I just got the email today - we should be cleared by the end of the week.

Excited.

So, while we are excited about our personal progress to become a Safe Family....we have made a decision about the business.

We are taking things only one month at a time. The next month that comes that we can't cover our expenses, we fold. We are terrified, hurting, confused...what is God doing? We have been studying Ecclesiastes, reading it over and over again. We get it - we toil in vain and God is the one who decides if our work will accomplish anything. But yet, we are still victims of a poor economy. So, it is so hard for us to continue stepping out in faith. So hard.

Scared.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! Our prayers will be with you as you navigate your latest adventure in faith!
Blessings.
J
www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com

~Alicia said...

Yay! Congrats on passing the next step for Safe Families!!

We'll be praying for you and your business!