Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Notes In Church

It was another Sunday with all the kids with us. It is funny, maybe, how we now take up an entire row! I was sitting with George and Lincoln and had the impossible task of explaining to these two boys why they could not have some of the cracker and juice that was going around in shinny silver plates. Not fun. In fact, I ended up in the lobby with one cranky little 4 year old who yelled, "No Mommy!" all the way up the isle on our way out.

But, before all this fun started...God gave me another gift. George has been obsessed with ONE song since he came home. He sings this song every day, and if we hear it on the radio, he goes berserk. Personally, I could probably go about 5 years without hearing the song again and be just fine..but I realize how much my son loves this song, so I sing along with him. At one point during the service, we were asked to rise and sing....then the first few chords began and I knew right away...sure enough, "Blessed be your name in the land that is plentiful..." George almost squealed, he jumped up and down, he clapped his hands and then he began to play he air guitar!

"Momma! It's Blessedvbenadmaneme", Yes, that is what it sounds like when he says it...he hasn't quite figure out it is 4 different words.

When the chorus hit, I looked over at my son...my beautiful brown skinned boy...beaming, smiling from ear to ear...and singing!

Yes, Lord, blessed be your name!

I couldn't keep my composure and I started crying right away. Just one year ago, I was shoving George into Sunday School class because I needed an hour away from him. Just one year ago, I was dealing with hourly temper tantrums with war-screams. Just one year ago, I had no idea what George was saying, and he had no idea what I was saying.

After the song was over, George picked up a note pad and wrote something. He then handed it to me and this is what it said, "Dere Mom, I liv you mom. Mom is niec."

I'm saving this one in my Bible to remind me of our first year as Momma and son.

4 comments:

Alicia-Marie Christensen said...

How precious!
That song also holds a special place in our hearts.

Brooke said...

Great memory that you will keep forever!! Love it.

aplaceforhome said...

Just stumbled onto your blog. What a beautiful post! Good job hangin' in there with him. The first year is so hard, but it makes the "little" moments so much more precious. Praise God!
Warmly,
Cathy

Bear Creek Mama said...

This is precious! Oh what the year has brought! Blessed be HIS Name.
Celebrating your anniversary with you! Tommorrow marks one year for us too.
Leslee