Friday, May 28, 2010

Two Short Stories


God gave me another gift: He used a ministry leader at church to tell me about something George said.


Last Sunday was a celebration Sunday for all the kids "graduating" into the next level. George, being a 1st grader, was spending his last day at Celebration Station (or something like that, I can't keep all the names straight in my head). Parents were invited to join the celebration, but Joe and I could not attend, so we did not witness this first hand.


The children's pastor was talking to the kids about how much God loves them. She said that God loves you so much He gave you a mommy and a daddy. George threw his arm in the air, you know, doing that kid who can't want to share what's on his mind kind of arm in the air, dance, hop around thing. The pastor called on him and this is what he said.


"God loves me so much He gave me a new mommy and daddy. And they flew all the way to Africa to pick me up."


I was told there was not a dry eye in the room.


Thursday morning, as we waited at the end of the driveway for the school bus to come, George commented on the cool clouds. They were pretty unusual, low lying clouds off in the distance. He asked me, "Is Jesus up in the clouds?"


I hesitated because I wasn't quite sure how to answer, after all, where is Jesus? But, I knew what he was thinking and as I was debating in my head how to answer Lincoln chimes in, "Well, Jesus is ABOVE the clouds."


"Yes, boys, Jesus is up there."


George smiled and said, "Good! Because these same clouds are like clouds in Africa. And that means Jesus is in Africa, too."


"Amen," was all I could say.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Traci, I am praying for your family! I see that you are part of an orphan ministry. After almost a year of prayer and planning, I am launching an orphan ministry at our church. I would love to learn more about what you are doing!
Stephanie