Monday, November 30, 2009

A Few Pictures from Thanksgiving




When Joe and I lived in California, we spent all of our Thanksgivings with my second cousin and his girlfriend. Every year, we would put the turkey in the oven and then head out for a walk in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. On those walks, my cousin would stop and pick dried flowers here or dead branches there, and when we would get back home, he would disappear into his work room to put a creation together. Joe and I have continued this tradition, and although we are no longer trekking through some amazing foothill landscape, we do get out and enjoy the beauty of wherever we are. Following in my cousin's footsteps, here is my centerpiece this year.....


After our walk, the kids played some fun games





We had a delicious meal and especially enjoyed reading the entries from our Thankful Box this year.



George had a great time! He LOVED the turkey and all the fixings. It was a great way to introduce him to Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You're arrangement is beautiful! Cool idea! Love the pic of you and George too!

Too bad we can't get together Wed! We'll make it work, someday! Thanks for the prayers! I'm hoping to be there on wed too!