Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Good Morning

I always feel like I need to run to the computer to share when our days are good....so I remember that many, many days are good ones.

George was just a great kid this morning! He woke up the first time I asked him to get up, he got dressed right away, he sad down to eat breakfast with no complaints...and then he sat on my lap during Bible reading.

What was special about this morning is that George was just one of the kids...no special invitations were needed, no talks, nothing unusual. He was just a Weldie this morning. And it was so nice!

I think God gives me glimpses of what life will be like...someday...just to keep my hanging on. This is what I have been longing for, a day where George is so secure in my love for him, that he simple IS.

Every school morning, the kids and I read our 5 Psalms and 1 chapter in Proverbs. Even though George may not understand all the words, I am so confident that the Word of God is being planted into his heart and mind...and then trusting that The Word will do a work in his life. He always enjoys our reading times in the morning and he know calls his Bible his "Jesus book".

Very appropriate, huh? It really is a Jesus book - for everything points to and then extols the supremacy of Jesus Christ. Even a 6 year old Ethiopian boy gets that.

Anyway... it was a good morning and I praise God for what He is doing in our lives. I am thankful for a beautiful sunrise, a healthy family and a hand-picked boy who is coming along.

No comments: