Tuesday, May 5, 2009
What I Like About George
Although this morning started out as usual (not good), I am determined to focus on the positive. So...here is a list of things I like about George:
1. He can play with one match-box car for hours and be happy!
2. We have connected through sports; he is very athletic and coordinated. He can already hit a baseball and throw very well!
3. He is very determined. George has mastered a Razor scooter in a week.
4. He acknowledges his boundaries. When I showed him how far he could go on his scooter down the street, he listened and has obeyed each time.
5. He likes to show us how he can write his ABCs and his 1,2,3s.
6. He sat quietly in church!!
7. He enjoyed his first french fry, his first hot dog and his first meal out was a blast at BW3s. He spent the whole dinner pointing to all the TV screens with excitement.
8. He is fascinated with cars and wants to know everything he can about them. He also loves to point out "Momma's car" and "Daddy's car".
9. He loves shoes.
10. He folds up his clothes and puts them away neatly in his drawers.
11. He is starting to have a very cute sense of humor.
12. He goes to bed wonderfully!!! We tuck him in, he throws the covers over his head and then goes right to sleep.
13. By evening, our family is all laughing together and enjoying George's company.
14. He likes to sing "I like to move it, move it!" and do a silly dance.
Each day we see progress. Each day I see hope. Each day I see what my family might look like a year from now. A friend said to me yesterday, "Pretty soon those days will turn into weeks and those will turn into months and before you know it, it will feel like George has always been part of your family."
In the meantime, I keep praying for a softer heart and a more giving attitude.
Posted by Traci Weldie at 6:32 AM