Monday, March 23, 2009

Wallpaper

Today, I made a picture of George looking at our photo album the wallpaper on my computer. I can't even tell you what perspective this has brought to my day. Each time I glance at my computer, there he is, with a small but beautiful smile as a nanny points to me.

What do you think she is telling him? She is obviously talking. She is pointing to me. And George has that sweet smile on his face.

These days, almost everyone I know is asking about George. What does he know? What is his like? What must he be thinking?

I can't answer those questions and it makes me realize how little I DO know about my son. There is one thing I can say about him, God hand-picked a little president with a dimple to join the Weldie family.

There is so much trust in this game. But honestly, it feels so "right", so "good" to be walking in a place of blind trust - of answering questions with "I don't know..." instead of, "Well... let me tell you what I know..". For the first time in my life, I am OK with not knowing the answers and not knowing what the next year will look like. There is a peace in the surrender.

So, I gaze at my wallpaper and think of how all our lives are going to change here in a matter of 30 days. 30 days! I need to go...lots of things to do!!

1 comment:

Cory and Margaret said...

Thinking of you today!!! Let me know if you need anything when you travel!!!!